Observatory Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

How to Best Counter an "Overload" Stat Setup?

DONkLE
    DONkLE
    Standard Member

Posts Posts : 256

Gold Gold : 35561

Likes Likes : 17

How to Best Counter an "Overload" Stat Setup?  Empty How to Best Counter an "Overload" Stat Setup?

Post by DONkLE 12/18/2016, 3:21 pm

One thing that I have noticed when training my amiibo is that the ones that I consider to be "better" but have a balanced stat spread (or at least one that isn't overloaded") will tend to struggle facing an opponent who I consider to be the worse amiibo if they run an overloaded setup. Is there a particular strategy that can help to prepare against stat spreads where attack or defense is raised to max? thanks in advance!
    xAverage
    xAverage
    Standard Member

Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31906

Likes Likes : 31

How to Best Counter an "Overload" Stat Setup?  Empty Re: How to Best Counter an "Overload" Stat Setup?

Post by xAverage 12/18/2016, 3:52 pm

I personally feel like teaching your amiibo to be more evasive/defensive or adding improv. dodge/escape has helped to get my "balanced" spread amiibo better chances. They can dodge and attack instead of risking a shield break. If you roll dodge twice you can catch some overloaded amiibo off with a forward smash since they are usually much slower. Also letting your amiibo train against things like that will be extremely handy.
    PaperLuigi3
    PaperLuigi3
    Newbie Member

Posts Posts : 12

Gold Gold : 26165

Likes Likes : 0

How to Best Counter an "Overload" Stat Setup?  Empty Re: How to Best Counter an "Overload" Stat Setup?

Post by PaperLuigi3 4/21/2017, 10:41 am

Overloads are going to quickly be the future of the customs metagame, if the customs metagame will exist in the future. Playing middle-of-the-road stat bonuses are going to quickly be destroyed by amiibo with +120 Attack, for example. But then the +200 Attackers are going to be bested by the +200 Defense amiibo. Once the "optimal option" becomes the +200 Defense, it's going to come down to various factors of the characters being used: heavier ones might outclass lighter ones, even if they both have +200 Defense. Amiibo that focus on grabs could cause the heavy +200 Defensers to have a harder time recovering even though they have +200 Defense.

Basically, overloads are what's going to happen next, and it's going to switch over time to being +200 Defense instead of +200 Attack. Then the metagame will come down to picking the most optimal +200 Defense amiibo, and then it'll focus on ways to "break the Defense". After that, I don't know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 4:22 am