Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41412

Likes Likes : 95

3 - Your favorite amiibo memory? Empty Your favorite amiibo memory?

11/21/2016, 3:23 pm
It's been two whole years since amiibo have been released here in North America. Hence, here is a thread for posting your favorite amiibo story or stories! Post memories about tournaments/buying rare amiibo/etc.!

(Some of) Arklaine's Favorite amiibo Memories

• Got a tournament win with a Luigi amiibo, (probably) becoming the first to "defy the tiers"
  • Buying my first amiibo, a Mario, at Walmart (It was originally an "investment" so I can sell it when I get old)
  • Watching my friend try to take down my vanilla Mario 1v1, only to get Gust Caped to his death
  • Watching the same friend get wrecked by my Luigi and Roy amiibo; he got horribly 2-stocked
  • Having another friend take on my Fox amiibo, only to get Explosive perfect shield'ed to death
  • Seeing the saltiness of my friends once they lose to my amiibo

I may add more when I remember more.
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 514

Gold Gold : 45663

Likes Likes : 58

3 - Your favorite amiibo memory? Empty Re: Your favorite amiibo memory?

11/25/2016, 3:49 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
AWT6:

It was my first tournament, and I was very nervous. I got really scared when I found out that I was up first, and I expected to lose. Lucario ended up dominating, and I advanced to the second round. A bunch of people complimented me on my Lucario, and after a close second round win, Cloud invited me to the Amiibo Dojo forums. And to my complete shock, I made it to the semifinals in my first tournament!

That's my big favorite, but there are others as well.

My first time in the finals (AMIIBOMANIA 1) with Rosalina.
My first win, where my Bowser won a mirror match against Turtlebits.
Both of my wins with Lucario.
Receiving compliments from various people on Twitter.

Will post more when I think of them.
PKMNMaster
PKMNMaster
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 93

Gold Gold : 32164

Likes Likes : 10

12/17/2016, 12:49 pm
AWT3 (I think) - My first tournament, had to go against Dan in the first round. I thought I was screwed and was literally shaking with nerves. I can't even express how pumped I was when Ace and Yoichi pulled it off.

WAS (can't remember which one) - First tournament win, won with Morgana the Palutena. She sucks without EPS, but that was still accepted at the time.

Mario Maker ACE - Chara, my Swordfighter's, debut and surprising win. Made me realize that I could only win with low tiers

More to come
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56291

Likes Likes : 98

12/17/2016, 10:31 pm
PKMNMaster wrote:AWT3 (I think) - My first tournament, had to go against Dan in the first round. I thought I was screwed and was literally shaking with nerves. I can't even express how pumped I was when Ace and Yoichi pulled it off.

WAS (can't remember which one) - First tournament win, won with Morgana the Palutena. She sucks without EPS, but that was still accepted at the time.

Mario Maker ACE - Chara, my Swordfighter's, debut and surprising win. Made me realize that I could only win with low tiers

More to come
AWT#2 was the first doubles, #3 was singles. I'm pretty sure the tourney Morgana won was WAS#8.
DONkLE
DONkLE
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 256

Gold Gold : 35401

Likes Likes : 17

12/23/2016, 3:19 pm
As of right now, I'd say AmiiBrawl 10 Sparrow VS Ikki round 3
 https://clips.twitch.tv/amiibrawl/CheerfulNewtDeExcite
Had my heart racing the whole time.
TheAmiiboPirate
TheAmiiboPirate
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 37

Gold Gold : 26826

Likes Likes : 1

4/25/2017, 6:55 pm
My new favorite memory is seeing my boy, Robert Cop, on stream... He may not have done well, but I am still proud he attended... (I live in California, so I only caught the tail end of that match because I forget that time zones exist...)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum