Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is amiibo dojo forums dying ?

+6
vs
GameMasta97
PKMNMaster
Blue
Arklaine
Tilin(YouTube)
10 posters
Go down
Tilin(YouTube)
Tilin(YouTube)
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 37

Gold Gold : 28893

Likes Likes : 11

Is amiibo dojo forums dying ? - Page 2 Empty Is amiibo dojo forums dying ?

9/9/2016, 7:27 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

I feel like the forums are less popular than before, one of my friend (he is in the forums too) told me that it was popular, there was a lot of people, especially in: The Last Post Wins ... Now, I look at the posts of the forums users, there is almost no activity, a lot of people LOOK at the posts, but they don't want to REPLY ... In the general discussions, there is only one or two replies ...

So here's my question, do you think that the forums are dying or I have the impression that it's dying, but the forums users just don't want to reply ???

I really like those forums by the way, there is a lot of interesting discussions and cool topics !!!

If you have read this topic study , have a good day !!!

vs
Fustic Administrator
Posts Posts : 8206

Gold Gold : 48333331

Likes Likes : 69

Is amiibo dojo forums dying ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is amiibo dojo forums dying ?

9/28/2016, 10:57 pm
Keethkon wrote:It is getting harder to get people to join in these days. We have to be authorized to join in on the conversation now?!
I'm no longer working on the forum since Cloud wanted to change it's core subject

And yeah he's being kinda stupid and hid the amiibo section completely destroying the chance of new trainers joining and discussing stuff

And all of this for IMO very selfish reasons
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48489

Likes Likes : 102

9/30/2016, 7:10 am
Switch wrote:
Keethkon wrote:It is getting harder to get people to join in these days. We have to be authorized to join in on the conversation now?!
I'm no longer working on the forum since Cloud wanted to change it's core subject

And yeah he's being kinda stupid and hid the amiibo section completely destroying the chance of new trainers joining and discussing stuff[/size]

There really aren't any new trainers left to join because the entire metagame is kind of on the end of its rope. If you take a look at what we're doing, we're banning things that aren't broken and adding gimmicky themes to each tournament just to mix things up. Because originally, everyone participated in a meta where nothing was banned. Critical hits and Explosive perfect shield were allowed, and when that got stale, people started to ban things just to break up the repetition. If we have to remove things from the metagame that aren't broken, for the sole purpose of preventing the game from getting stale, then you have a limited metagame that really isn't going to stick around for very long.

Sales of the figures have been down, interest in training is down, and we know pretty much everything there is to know about it. From here, people will just add new rules (such as Giant tournaments, stamina tournaments, etc.) and keep trying new rules, never settling on one specific ruleset, because the "default" ruleset is just too boring, I guess.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the entire forum (and community by extension) will fall apart if the core of discussion is about a 2-year old metagame that we already know everything about. It's very easy to predict the outcomes each time - you have to look at the character they're using, the trainer's capability, and the bonuses it has. From these three factors alone you can pretty much place a very safe bet.

The training section is no longer hidden, I had to do that for a second to..."fix" something, but if for some reason we have to become centered around this again, I don't think I'll be interested in running the place any longer. That whole thing was just a phase to me; now that I've seen everything there is to see, and know everything there is to know (within reason), I don't feel the need to focus on it anymore. Sure, it's a nice passtime, but there comes a time when good things must come to an end. Just look at Glenn's podcasts, he was a strong advocate for this.
PKMNMaster
PKMNMaster
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 93

Gold Gold : 31834

Likes Likes : 10

10/13/2016, 3:21 pm
Cloud wrote:
Switch wrote:

And yeah he's being kinda stupid and hid the amiibo section completely destroying the chance of new trainers joining and discussing stuff[/size]

There really aren't any new trainers left to join because the entire metagame is kind of on the end of its rope. If you take a look at what we're doing, we're banning things that aren't broken and adding gimmicky themes to each tournament just to mix things up. Because originally, everyone participated in a meta where nothing was banned. Critical hits and Explosive perfect shield were allowed, and when that got stale, people started to ban things just to break up the repetition. If we have to remove things from the metagame that aren't broken, for the sole purpose of preventing the game from getting stale, then you have a limited metagame that really isn't going to stick around for very long.

Sales of the figures have been down, interest in training is down, and we know pretty much everything there is to know about it. From here, people will just add new rules (such as Giant tournaments, stamina tournaments, etc.) and keep trying new rules, never settling on one specific ruleset, because the "default" ruleset is just too boring, I guess.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the entire forum (and community by extension) will fall apart if the core of discussion is about a 2-year old metagame that we already know everything about. It's very easy to predict the outcomes each time - you have to look at the character they're using, the trainer's capability, and the bonuses it has. From these three factors alone you can pretty much place a very safe bet.

The training section is no longer hidden, I had to do that for a second to..."fix" something, but if for some reason we have to become centered around this again, I don't think I'll be interested in running the place any longer. That whole thing was just a phase to me; now that I've seen everything there is to see, and know everything there is to know (within reason), I don't feel the need to focus on it anymore. Sure, it's a nice passtime, but there comes a time when good things must come to an end. Just look at Glenn's podcasts, he was a strong advocate for this.
You sound like a downer, Cloud. Razz
But serious, I think the community will stick around for a while even if the metagame dies down.
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

10/14/2016, 6:59 am
That's our advantage. We went through a lot together: several tournaments, metagame shifts, and guide writing sessions, and we're now just friends to the point where the community can linger even without a specific central topic. Unfortunately, the amiibo game is technically still doomed due to its many limitations, but we can still chat about anything else.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39137

Likes Likes : 20

10/14/2016, 8:44 am
But there's only one thing that can bring it back for GOOD!!!

The Final 3
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

10/14/2016, 8:47 am
GameMasta97 wrote:But there's only one thing that can bring it back for GOOD!!!

The Final 3
Realistically, the Final 3 aren't coming until March 2017 or later. So it's still going to be several months until anything new.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member

10/14/2016, 8:54 am
Well, at least they're coming....AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF AFTER NINTENDO PROMISED US THE FINAL 3 "Soon"!!!!!!
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41082

Likes Likes : 95

11/4/2016, 2:02 am
Welp.

The forums have gone drastically quiet due to many of us having school and/or work and/or other things. Plus almost nobody is posting anything when they have free time. So, I suppose the Amiibo Dojo forums ARE dying now...
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member

11/4/2016, 11:48 am
Hey, don't speak too soon!
I'm still here, and I'm NEVER leaving, no matter how empty it gets!
Cyrox
Cyrox
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 94

Gold Gold : 30618

Likes Likes : 13

11/4/2016, 12:02 pm
I think it's definitely got something to do with the holiday season. We just wrapped Halloween, now everyone is preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas in addition to as previously mentioned school and work. It's common for many forums to have a lull period here.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum