Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 388

Gold Gold : 34518

Likes Likes : 43

Powersaves backup problem Empty Powersaves backup problem

7/10/2016, 4:36 pm
I got my amiibo powersaves today and i tested it along with my new Lucario amiibo, all of the features worked, then I try my duck hunt, the restore feature cannot seem to find my backup I have created for my Duck hunt (I have searched on the internet and all I get is reviews of the powersaves) I have also tested with the duck hunt .bin file on the power tag and the same result happened.
I would appreciate any help on this.
GreninjaNerfer
GreninjaNerfer
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 16

Gold Gold : 29937

Likes Likes : 1

Powersaves backup problem Empty Re: Powersaves backup problem

7/10/2016, 5:08 pm
Did you edit the .bin file name?
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41292

Likes Likes : 95

7/10/2016, 5:24 pm
I've had this problem a while back. It turns out you have to edit the bin file names for some of the characters.

To do this, go to your System Folder and find a folder labeled "Powersaves for AMIIBO". Open it, and you should come across a bin file that will contain your Duck Hunt's save file. The file will be labeled as "Duck Hunt Duo (Smash Bros)_<random>_YYYY-MM-DD_[<name on Powersaves>].bin.

Simply rename the file as "Duck Hunt Duo_<random>_YYYY-MM-DD_[<name on Powersaves>].bin and it will show up on the Powersaves device.

Several characters have this same problem as well. Here's some that need some file name changes that I can name off for right now:
Dr. Mario -> Dr Mario
Mr. Game and Watch -> Mr Game and Watch
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 388

Gold Gold : 34518

Likes Likes : 43

7/10/2016, 6:42 pm
Unoriginal Username wrote:I've had this problem a while back. It turns out you have to edit the bin file names for some of the characters.

To do this, go to your System Folder and find a folder labeled "Powersaves for AMIIBO". Open it, and you should come across a bin file that will contain your Duck Hunt's save file. The file will be labeled as "Duck Hunt Duo (Smash Bros)_<random>_YYYY-MM-DD_[<name on Powersaves>].bin.

Simply rename the file as "Duck Hunt Duo_<random>_YYYY-MM-DD_[<name on Powersaves>].bin and it will show up on the Powersaves device.

Several characters have this same problem as well. Here's some that need some file name changes that I can name off for right now:
Dr. Mario -> Dr Mario
Mr. Game and Watch -> Mr Game and Watch
Thanks unoriginal username I will try it after i get my computer clean of viruses (darn big brother installed a youtube video downloader without my permission which cause viruses to pop up) @greninjanerfer No, i did not, but i will later...
RC
RC
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 418

Gold Gold : 31708

Likes Likes : 37

7/10/2016, 11:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Greetings!
Some amiibo, as Unoriginal Username has already stated, will save with a filename that the program itself shall not recognize. This is the case if a backup is successful, yet the amiibo still has 0 backups immediately after.

In the location where the amiibo's .bin files are located (In my case, User > Powersaves For AMIIBO), you'll likely see the .bins of the amiibo you made, but they won't work until the name is adequately changed. Here are the amiibo that don't work unless the .bin's name is changed, and what they have to be renamed to.

Note that only the first part of the .bin's name is to be edited, the rest MUST be preserved, as a .bin name that does not follow the regular format will not be readable.
DEFAULT > Altered
Mr. Game and Watch (Smash Bros) > Mr Game and Watch
Dr. Mario > Dr Mario
Mario (8 bit classic) > Mario
Duck Hunt Duo (Smash Bros) > Duck Hunt Duo
Mii Swordsman Hyperman (Smash Bros) > Mii Swordsman
Mii Fighter Hyperman (Smash Bros) > Mii Fighter
Mii Gunner Hyperman (Smash Bros) > Mii Gunner)

GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39347

Likes Likes : 20

9/10/2016, 2:55 am
I'm kinda having the same problem here.....I named my amiibo Link.bin, Mario.bin, and Mii Gunner.bin respectively.....does that work, or is there something that I'm missing?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum